Sunday, October 02, 2005

A Cask of Whine

Busy busy times for me -- pardon the hiatus. A few notes:
  • My baby brother turned 40 yesterday. Happy birthday, David! We'll be the same age for a couple weeks now.
  • I confess I could NOT finish A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers. I read so many rave reviews and had friends recommend it. Heck, even the gal at the bookstore waxed rhapsodic when she saw me buying it. But I'm sorry. I found it extremely self-absorbed and so full of self-congratulatory cleverness and Gen-X-brand angst, that, after 100 pages and many derisive snorts and rolling of the eyes, I just gave up. I didn't even find the writing particularly catchy. Sorry. I just couldn't do it...
  • The Giants are out of the playoffs.
  • And maybe I'm just having a bad week, but does anyone else actually find this funny? (Really... I am easily amused, usually.)

No comments: